Consilio Global Coronavirus Preparations & Response
The Health, Safety, and Experience of our Employees, Clients, and Communities is Our Top Priority
At Consilio, the health, safety, and experience of our clients and employees is our top priority. As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to share the essential actions we are taking in response to this rapidly evolving situation.
- To help ensure the health and welfare of our team, our clients, communities, and the broader global economy, we have migrated all of our global operations to a remote-work model — including our 26 document review centres, now operating as Secure Virtual Reviews. Read more about this transition in our press release. In nearly every region that we operate, we are monitoring the rollout of social distancing measures, either mandated or strongly recommended by regional health and governmental authorities to fight community transmission of Coronavirus. The extensive preventative actions we have taken — from halting business travel, educating our teams, increasing sanitisation and cleansing of all of our global locations — will not reduce the chance of contact transmission as effectively as social distancing can. Therefore, it is in the best judgment and interest to take these decisive steps to prioritise the health and safety of our employees, their loved ones, and their communities in compliance with issued mandates and known best practice guidance. For customers not familiar, Consilio’s Secure Virtual Review (PDF fact sheet), powered by Complete Review, enables qualified, pre-screened legal professionals the ability to review documents virtually within a highly-secured review environment from any remote location with a broadband internet connection. Clients experience the same high-quality Consilio review – from proven workflows to robust reporting and quality checks. Consilio’s review managers, licensed lawyers, are trained specially to conduct Secure Virtual Reviews, managing reviewers to deliver a high-quality, consistent work product while controlling costs. Consilio’s Secure Virtual Review technology is deeply integrated to maintain data and reviewer security from strict identity controls, to 100% auditable activity logs, to secure data hosting on Consilio’s ISO-certified private data centres.
- We have strengthened our Remote Data Collections process and capabilities, powered by Complete Data. Over 66% of data collections in March to date, were defensibly processed remotely in order to protect clients, employees, and their communities from contact exposure.
- We have also partnered with KLDiscovery to provide global collections assistance to leverage each organisation’s local resources to reduce employee travel and prevent service disruptions for our customers. In addition, defensible self-collections are also available worldwide as an alternative to traditional on-site collections. Forensically-sound collections are performed by IT professionals or end users, and then encrypted files are shipped back to a secure lab.
- In coordination with our facilities vendors and partners, we have increased deep cleaning and sanitisation schedules as well as flow of supplies for nearly all offices and shared spaces. In addition to ensuring the supply of soap and hand sanitiser at each location, we have also contracted with CINTAS to deploy hand sanitising stations in every global office. We have identified key internal and external resources to coordinate logistics and facility response in the event of any mitigation action we may need to take.
- We have activated a global, cross-functional Coronavirus task force to monitor, inform, and recommend actions in order to preserve the health, safety, and experience of our clients, employees, their communities, and the broader global economy.
Containing the spread of the Coronavirus is a collective effort, and I ask that we all do what we can to protect each other as well as the broader community.
Stay safe and thank you,
Andy Macdonald / Consilio
Chief Executive Officer
March 2, 2020 – Preparing for Potential Coronavirus Impact
World Health Organization – Coronavirus advice for the public
NHS – Advice for everyone
Johns Hopkins Hospital (U.S.) – Map: Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases